Monday 20 July 2009

Snakey!!!

Can't believe I haven't excitedly blogged about this before lol. Well... the apricot pueblan that I WAS having? That was a complete and utter let down. Right up until Saturday everything was fine, she changed the morning to the afternoon on Thursday night but that was all, she didn't mention anything about cancelling on me or anything. Anyway, right from day one I knew something didn't sit right, I kept saying to Simon that she would put me off and off and off and I'd never receive the snake but I'd be £10 worse off? Well, on Saturday morning at 10am, she text me to tell me that she was really sorry but she had forgotten to bring the snake with her from Nottingham to Stoke (where she was going to deliver from) so would I mind waiting until the WEEK after, not tomorrow, not 3 days time, the following Saturday. I was gutted, REALLY gutted, I had been so god damn excited. After a while of me complaining and saying that she would fob me off next week too, Simon agreed that we would cancel her and go looking for another snake.. I phoned Britannia to no avail, they couldn't get any in it wasn't on their stocklist, then Simon suggested I call Chase Pets and Reps (or Reps and Pets, can't remember which way round it is now) so I did, she said that they hadn't got any milksnakes in stock but there was an Arizona Mountain KingSnake in.. because they are only down the road, Simon agreed to drive me there to have a look. I fell in love immediately but only got him to knock £4.95 off the price which was a pisser as it was £74.95 to start with.. but she is worth every penny in my opinion. I haven't thought of a name yet because nothing has fit right, I want a really different name that isn't a popular name for a snake, like people would call a python monty for instance...

Right I've looked on a Native American Indian Names site and I've got the following:

Chu'mana = Snake Maiden (Hopi tribe)
Meoquanee = wears red (Chippewa)
Tehya = Precious (all tribes)
Wyanet = Beautiful (all tribes)

I think I'm going to go for Tehya :) it's the nicest name out of those four in my opinion, at least the easiest to pronounce lol and she is precious to me so yep that's what it is going to be :) Tehya :) heheh I quite like it :)

Going off the subject of snakes now because I don't want to bore all those that are not interested to death.

Had to phone my bank today because they are charging me £21.something for being overdrawn in my new account, and the annoying thing is that I was offered an overdraft on the account and I thought I had one which is why I borrowed £3.92 from the £10 I had in there for the deposit to clear the overdraft that I noticed in the first step account, I forgot when I had spent my money that a £5 goes out on a Wednesday lol silly me *rolls eyes* anyway, they have waivered the charges (because there was another one coming out next month for me being overdrawn over two banking periods) I don't get the overdraft after all though, I have to wait until I have had money in there for a while first before the overdraft will be authorised which means I will have to wait until there is a regular income and expenditures before they let me have an overdraft *rolls eyes again*.

Simon is faffing around complaining about UV bulbs or something, he's just been out and bought a UV meter which means he can test to see how much UV Rex is getting because in Yemen the UV is 12+ and this bulb that is sitting on top of the flexarium is reading at 0.5!!! Which means he is getting nowhere near enough UV which is what he needs to create D3, and without enough D3 he will get bone disease and become quite seriously affected by it. So that's why he's looking at buying a new bulb, but like on loads of other stupid websites, you have to register first to find out how much postage will be on an item. He doesn't have enough money this time around but he will have some money next weekend.

I have spent that much of the rent this time round that I don't think I am going to have money to buy Bronny any decent birthday presents to open on her birthday :( I know I'll definitely not be able to afford to buy her the computer I'll just have to see if Simon will agree to spend OUR not his OUR money on a PC for her to ensure that she gets one. I'm sick of using all my money on stuff and he sits there just buying stuff for him *shuts up* *best not start that one*

Someone is mowing their lawn at the moment but it sounds like they are mostly mowing down weeds on the lawn lol, pretty much like ours was when it needed doing lol, our back lawn could do with a haircut but I won't mention it he'll think I'm nagging at him.

Was hoping to catch a glimpse of Tehya this morning but she must have come out at dawn if at all. I hope she's out more once she gets used to me, I don't know if Kings are as shy as milks but if they are it means I will hardly ever see her :( Oh well, we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway I'm hungee so I'm going to get a bite to eat.

Huggles
x

No comments: