Wednesday 12 August 2009

it's bloody hot

or should I have said "it ain't half hot Mum"? heheh

I'm waiting for Tehya's dindins to warm up so I can try her with it, I am hoping that as it's day 29 of no eating that she will actually take it this time, I'm worried about her though as she's still not shed, so she's way overdue now. I've been offering her a pinky every 5 days, which is what you're supposed to do with a young snake, but she's just not interested. They said that she refused to eat if they sat and watched her at the shop but when they put her back in her rack she would eat nicely for them. I don't have the facility to make her feel as though she's in the safety of a comfinement that means all but one side is in the dark, I don't think I want to give her that confinement either. I guess she just has to get used to where she is living, though she still hasn't shed so I'm thinking she's not going to eat until she HAS shed :S I don't know what is going to happen. I provided her with a moss hide for her to go in to help hydrate her enough to loosen her skin so I just don't understand it, I just hope it's not messed up because I have held her a couple of times whilst she's "in shed". Her eyes haven't gone blue/grey either yet, but they might have done that in the night and been OK by morning so we didn't notice. Simon and I are pretty sure that she IS shedding though because she went noticeably dark a couple of days to a week after I purchased her. Geesh that's a long time.

Have not seen Bob much these last few days, though to be honest I've not really paid attention to his housing so he could have been sitting there looking at me like he normally does, and I've not noticed. I just hope that he is OK too, he seems to go through moodswings where he is happy and interested in his surroundings, then all of a sudden he is not interested and is bored with where he is living, hence Simon's constant fidgetting and moving around of his accommodation lol

Oscar hasn't been near me much over the last week or two either, I guess it's cuz the children are off school and normally where I am, the children are and he wants some peace and quiet away from them. I'm dreading going back to getting up at 7:30am for 5 days a week, I hate it, I wish I didn't have to do it, I'd much rather get up an hour later. At least when the children are a bit older and able to make their own breakfast I won't have to get up so early, Simon can get them up and then I'll come downstairs a bit later on as they are getting ready to leave LOL AS IF! Even when they ARE old enough to do their own breakfast (Bronny should be at the age of 10) I don't think they would want to and I know for a fact that Simon wouldn't want them to either, because he's always going on about germs and them touching things and he refuses to touch the things or eat things that the children have been remotely near. I guess I'll have to brush up on their hygiene skills, Bronny has started washing her hands all the time, but I don't think the little terror does, I think he doesn't bother EVER washing his hands :S I guess it's my fault for not drumming it in to him, they don't clean their teeth every day either *blushes lots*

Right, starting tomorrow there will be a wake up call in this house, from now on the children ARE going to clean their teeth after they have eaten for brunch, and then they will clean their teeth at bedtime, every day, Euan WILL wash his hands after every bathroom visit and before every meal. Then Simon will have no excuse but to eat food that has been near them because they will be as clean, if not cleaner as/than him.

Time to try and feed pinky to Tehya now, it's all gone dark which means it's nearly ten o'clock which means mousey has been out defrosting for 2.5 hours, which is plenty of time for a pinky, I might leave it a little bit longer to be on the safe side. I'd rather make her wait if she IS in fact waiting than feed her a frozen mouse that will damage her insides, I don't actually know what it will do to her on the whole but I'm imagining that it won't make her very well.

Speaking of very well, I've not been feeling too good of late never mind very well, not sure whether it is the heat or whether it's another bad patch, I can't remember what they are called right now, I hate it when my mind goes utterly blank when I'm trying to look for a word or phrase to type/say.

Uh oh, Oscar has just seen a moth or something that has arrived in the bedroom, which will probably be flying around my laptop real soon so I'm signing out now to switch it off. lol

Huggles

x

No comments: