Saturday 29 August 2009

Drayton Manor 28 August 2009

Went to Drayton Manor yesterday, got value tickets with clubcard vouchers, so instead of paying £80 to get in, I paid £28 worth of clubcard vouchers to get four tickets :) Simon was confused as to why we could make such a great saving and there must be small print or something like that but no, it worked out hunky dory. The kids started going on rides in Thomas Land first, and after we did all but three of the rides in Thomas Land (didn't do troublesome trucks rollercoaster because the queue was way too long and we actually missed another two) we then moved on to the bigger rides in the park, the children and Simon went on Stormforce 10 whilst I sat and watched, even the viewing platform was up a pile of stairs. I have to say that Drayton Manor has to be one of the most anti-disabled places on the planet. I have every mind to complain to them about the way that every queue is either up a slope (steep slope) or upstairs, meaning poor old me couldn't go on them. I would have loved to have gone on a few of the rides but no, not possible, not even the simple ones like Splash Canyon and Pirate Adventure have no way of allowing disabled people access. I really was disappointed, even though I went knowing that I probably wouldn't be able to go on any of the rides, I was expecting to be told by the ride operator that I couldn't go on it because of my oxygen or something, not to be not even able to get up as far as the ride operators. I guess theme parks are not for disabled people :(

The food was disgusting too, it was cold, soggy and they ruined the cheeseburger by putting bloody mustard on it, who puts mustard on a cheeseburger without checking whether you want it or not first? bleugh, it ruined it for Simon too, £20 of food that was disgusting and less than second rate, at least the ducks liked it (we threw lots of chips and stuff for the ducks heheh)

When we had the real icecream in a real icecream cone (the big waffle ones like cornetto but bigger) that was nice and worth the money, three flavours, strawberry, chocolate and vanilla (I had two vanilla balls because I don't like chocolatemuch), they were dripping all over the place and made a sticky mess of all of us, but they were worth it,absolutely gorgeous icecreams they were :D I should expect so at £2.80 each heheh, £11.20 on icecreams *blush* naughty us. All in all we spend nearly £40 just on food without spending a penny on games or souvenirs!

Next time we go if there ever will be a next time, we'll leave the change of clothes and stuff in the car so I don't have to worry about my huge handbag being nicked off me all day, that ruined it quite a lot because I was constantly holding tight on to it and looking around to make sure no-one was trying to nab it, it only had my phone in it as something valuable but my phone has not been insured yet so the last thing I needed was to have it stolen from me.

I'm off now because i'm monged and I cannot fight the mongedness and tiredness anymore :P xx

Huggles

x

No comments: