Tuesday 10 March 2009

It came, I'm pissed, it's going back

Not only could I not use the damn thing no matter how I tried, I found that I couldn't do anything with it, when I went to set up the email it said something about setting up an exclusive account on a blackberry server or something and to talk to my network administrator to get the details of the account. Obviously a business bit, BUT the blurb said that with the REVOLUTIONARY BlackBerry email (coughs) you could push your personal accounts through so that you can receive your email on the go wherever you are? PAH. That wasn't the worst of it, when I came to check out the world wide webby it told me that I was out of area and I had to find a zone to use 3G!! So I didn't get www access either, no internet poo poohy. That was about it already I already had the box sitting waiting for the phone to be carefully repackaged and sent back to Vodafone on the dot. Oh, touch screen? Is it bollox, the screen is on a rocker system so basically depending on where you touched on the screen would depend on where you touched on the pads underneath that receive the information to send to the processor of the little bugger. Oh and it wasn't little either, the overall LOOK of the phone is beautiful, it's such a shame that it failed on so many accounts, otherwise I would have kept her based on sheer looks heheh.

I have decided grudgingly after Simon refused to even try to see if he can add another phone onto his call plan, that I am going to wait 6 months until my Orange contract expires with Orange and try again with O2, I mustn't try again sooner than 6 months because I will make it even longer before the credit history clears itself, according to Orange way back when I was trying to get another contract with them, I was to contact them again in another 6 months time so that the credit history had cleared itself from the last request for a credit check for mobile phones. Hopefully by this time the vodafone one will have completely left the system and there will be a clear way for me to order the O2 phone so that I can then quit the orange contract and have an O2 contract with a beautiful iphone too :)

I am soooo damn annoyed with myself for applying for the stupid blackberry from Vodafone instead of applying for the iphone from O2, I bet I would have been awarded the contract and not been refused if I had been sensible and done it that way, I am so damn annoyed I could punch myself quite literally in the head, in fact I had to stop myself from doing this this morning when it sank in, what I had done, when O2 said no f. off you're not having a phone with us.

Oh what a prat I am, a complete and utter prat, I cannot believe that I did what I did, so so stupid, so so stupid indeed.

I might be able to be released from my Orange account in July which would leave me free to order another phone but it will only be 4 months down the road from now so my credit rating might not have cleaned itself up. I think I HAVE to be patient and wait 6 months from NOW, and then I will be able to walk away from my Orange contract and get myself an iphone on an O2 contract. Of course I will actually phone O2 tomorrow and see if they do second phones on accounts and if they will do a second phone as an Iphone. If they say yes I will play my trump card with Simon and actually make him see that he is going to save money instead of losing money. Will have to wait until tomorrow now though as there is no chance that the call centre will be open at this time of night.

No comments: