Saturday 14 March 2009

It's arrived

New phone arrived yesterday, Blackberry Bold 9000, it's fun :) I love the QWERTY keyboard, it makes sending text messages a doddle and I can get gmail on there which means I can send emails too, which is pretty good should I be needing an urgent email for some reason, I mean should I need to receive one to confirm something I can just check it on the old BB. The internet is cool too, the screen makes it a little awkward being so small but I am sure I will get used to it, I can always change it to column view which means it will split down forums into columns, pretty much like the DS used to, so I can type in them and post that way without losing out.

I've done a few posts on tamed nature with it and haven't had a single problem, viewing the forum isn't that bad either, I just need good eyesight, I'm missing out on a full screen that comes with some of the phones out there today but I think having a qwerty keyboard more than makes up for that, especially such a nice one with nice keys anyway, I can't stand my old K850i with it's raised buttons, they were actually painful to use, the BB is nice and smooth and doesn't hurt your fingers when the keys are pressed.

Only thing that bothers me is that I have removed maps accidentally by updating the operating system, I wasn't to know that it was something that vodafone put on especially and that it wasn't available as a blackberry thing for free. I will have to phone customer services on Monday and ask what I can do about putting them back on the phone, I don't NEED them but as it's a free service I might as well make the most of it.

Simon thinks I am going to be sending the phone back but I'm not, I love it, there are a few things that I would personally improve if it were up to me, but as it is, it's a lovely phone and I'm keeping it, I think the screen size of the curve is a little larger but what is a few mm when it boils down to it, it's not exactly going to make that much difference, size DOESN'T matter, otherwise I would be patient and await the Iphone. me patient? Yeah right and arabs don't get sand in their shoes ever.

I've done a shop, which actually really turned out to be a cheap shop, I planned for a cheap shop and I succeeded! There are far more things that I COULD have gotten but with being a cheap shop I had to just stick to the essentials. WHICH is unusual for me but I did succeed. No doubt I have forgotten something that we get on a weekly basis and I haven't got it this week. I remembered potatoes, bread and baps for Simon (baps for Simon not all of those things) and pizzas for the children, I got baked beans x 2 lots of 4 as they are on offer and baked beans make up part of many a different meal that Simon will eat. I think I managed to add ONE bag of gala apples to the list, they're MINE, I'm addicted to apples.

Trying to remember when I last had a proper meal, I think it was Thursday evening when we had fish and chips from the chip shop, I had jumbo sausage, fish cake, a small amount of chips and mushy peas, I was hungry after not eating a proper meal for a week. I tend to snack on apples and bowls of cereal these days, I'm not losing weight as quickly as I was, but I guess if I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast to get the metabolism going that I would be doing a far better job at it.

On that note, I shall sign off.

No comments: