Wednesday 25 February 2009

ooooh mamma!

EDIT (for Kezz, too late now I know but..) THERE IS A SPIDER PICTURE ON THIS BLOG

I am the proud owner of a tarantula! woot! heheh Simon is downsizing his collection of spiddys and I asked if I could have one before he got rid of them all? Well, I've chosen the Chile Rose, so I now have a spiddy for my own :) I'm going to call it Charlie because then no matter whether it's a girl or a boy the name still fits :)

I'm quite excited really and instead of keeping it in the dingy box that it is in now, I am going to transfer it to a 2ft x 1ft aquarium and give it some plants and give it a nature scene so that it feels more at home instead of being stuck in a box with a half log and lots of dry coconut fibre. Will have to wait a short while though because she moulted last night so we don't want to disturb her for now.

I'm really excited actually :) woot! I am actually looking forward to feeding her too, she's a she until we know otherwise, which we probably never will.

*goes to look for a picture of her*

Here we are: My spiddy :)

I am really looking forward to feeding her, have to wait a wee while though as with just moulting she's not going to want to eat anything yet.

I keep looking at her in her home. It's really funny at the moment as it looks as though there are two spiddys in there because her skin is there just sitting there at the edge of the tank, too close to her to rescue it though.

Will be writing another blog about her when I've made her new accommodation :)

No comments: