Monday 9 February 2009

Waffle

Just had a phonecall from the Social, they are coming out this afternoon to fit me a grab rail for outside so I can get into the house from outside without using Simon to grab onto lol They're coming some time after 2pm so that's brilliant. :)

All that is outstanding now is getting Euan's care worker in place, the Family support worker or whatever it is called but I have to chase Mandy for that because she was the one that was supposed to have sorted it all out.

I can see why these old people that are waiting work to be done end up popping their clogs before anything is done now it just takes so long to sort out and get done! The bannister took forever, but at least that is completed now, it's just a shame that the rail in the bath is not where I wanted it to be, it was supposed to be a rail to get out of the shower not to help me in and out of the bath, but I suppose if I did it the way I am supposed to and got out via the bath board then it wouldn't be a problem. Only problem here is that the bath board is the wrong size for this bath, it fits, but when you come to tighten it up you can't do it both sides at the same time, I'm not quite sure how Simon managed to fit it safely but when I tried to put it on it just slid about which is not safe when I have to try and lift myself onto it, I'm not exactly a feather.

Right, I think Simon wants to go now so I had better get my ass off the bed and go downstairs, ooh, no I have a few more minutes, he's changing the cannister on my portable oxygen as it's nearly empty and we're off to Sheldon in Birmingham to get this Chameleon that we are getting so I will need a fair bit of oxygen to get there, must remember to take a new battery down and put a spare in the bottom of the holder because these new batteries I bought don't seem to be much good. I only put this one in a couple of weeks back and it's already flat and we've only been out once or twice so it must be mega crap, far worse than the Tesco Value ones.

Oooh time to go.

x

No comments: