Wednesday 7 January 2009

So that's why

I have been feeling like utter crap the last few days, I've been in so much pain I've not wanted to go through a normal day so I have been in bed pretty much from when the children have gone to school until when they get home, this has been the same since they went back to school.

I know now, why.

I've reduced two of my tablets, one of them down to 600mg a day instead of 700mg (Lyrica-Pregabalin) and the other from about 400mg a day to 200mg a day (Tramadol) and thinking about it, I reduced my baclofen down by 10mg too, all at once, which is probably why I have been feeling utterly crap, not withdrawal symptoms, it is not that remotely, it's pain and struggling to get by.

I don't know whether to wait it out and see what happens whether life improves or whether in fact I do need those extra meds to function, or just to sod it and take the original dose again. Though, if I don't perservere I will never know if the doctor is right in the long run about reducing my meds to cause a little bit more pain and suffering but to have me off the high doses of meds. To be honest, I still think that to survive a normal day those meds are needed. BUT I will see what happens over the next few days, If I spend the whole week in bed, I'm going to try increasing again and see if that improves matters, if it does I can go to the doc and say "look I tried and I couldn't so there. Alternatively if I am OK on the reduced meds after a couple of days I will stick with the reduced meds but I am not going to aim at going any lower.

Other than that I am having another major flare which is making me extra tired and extra in pain.

Will soon find out.

At least the flares subside and I end up back at the status I was before the flare most of the time.

heheh

Will keep you all informed with my progress.

No comments: