Tuesday 2 December 2008

Nearly there heheh 02.12.08

Saw rheumatology today, the Doc I saw was a lovely Irish man and he was exceptionally friendly but didn't understand my humour as much as I'd liked but we got on well. He knew that I knew what I was talking about with regard to prognosis, symptoms and treatments available which was good, he was actually relieved that I knew so much so that we could get through it all so quickly. He is as sure as me that I have Fibromyalgia, I just have to have a couple of blood tests to completely rule out rheumatological things and he says if they are all negative he is completely happy to diagnose me as having FM and will refer me to pain management as required. He was fabulous he really was, he was completely honest with me in saying that he would respond personally to me with regard my blood results be they one or the other, and then we'll go from there. I'm 99% sure that the blood results will come back as being negative in all aspects because, well, I know that the last lot done came back practically negative apart from a wee bit of inflammation but the good doc and myself put that down to my knee as it was pretty puffy at the time.

He said that he would respond to me within 6 weeks, so if I heard nothing from him by the end of 6 weeks, I should phone his secretary and ask what had happened as to why I have not heard from him but he said he doubted highly that would be the case. I am so happy that it looks like I am so so close to a Dx and finally treatment for it :D

No comments: