Sunday 7 December 2008

Today's Ramble 07.12.08

I think the bad flare I was going through this past week has resided and I am back in remission although I am still in pain and constantly struggling to breathe, the pain is not quite as bad as it was during the flare. By no means am I anywhere near normal, but to not scream in agony every single thing I did, is good.

Euan acted very tired and sleepy today, I'm not surprised as he has a nasty cold though, I gave him a paracetamol not long before bed so that he could have a decent night sleep as he said that his head hurt him, hopefully that will have enabled him to sleep through til morning bless his little socks.

I am definitely taking him to Minor Injuries tomorrow morning as I am not remotely happy with the size and state of the blisters that he has on his hands, I am hoping that the hospital will have some magic solution for blisters so that he doesn't suffer in agony anymore. I must say though that he is being an incredibly brave little boy bless his little heart.

Bronny acted a little jealous when she realised that her Brother was having a tablet for his poorly head and I could see in her face that she was thinking up some thing that she would need a tablet for, before she had chance I turned around and said "no Bronny you DON'T have anything wrong with you so walk away please" and she totted away with her tail between her legs, defeated again lol

Simon scared the absolute crap out of me earlier today, I was making myself a cuppa and in a complete world of my own when he came crawling in very fast on his hands and knees, not only did he make me jump out of my skin, he really startled me, didn't even hear him til he was right by my feet, but he looked exceptionally strange too, he choked on his saliva he was laughing so much at the face I pulled in reaction to his daft caper. He tried to pull the stunt again a bit later but I had seen him come in whilst he was not watching where I was, I should have made him jump but I didn't think fast enough to wreak my revenge lol

After using vista for as long as I have had the laptop, I can see that Vista is a much better operating system than using XP so I cannot understand when people use XP over Vista, I think most of the time it is because they are too scared of the change and perhaps because Vista had such a bad name when it was first released, infact even before it was released it had a bad name. I think I recall that I mentioned that I would never use it, I think one of the problems was the huge upgrades one would have to make to a machine to have a fully functional operating system rather than one that refuses to run because the spec of the PC is just not good enough. However if someone is able to upgrade to Vista financially and with the spec of the PC and they don't bother, I think they are a slight worse than nutty rofl

Out of all the OS I have used I have to say that Vista has been the most usable and least disruptive to what I want to do. Ubuntu was good but I just couldn't use various hardware pieces with it, Kubuntu kept breaking and doing my head in, XP was fine as long as I had XP but I swiftly became bored of it and needed something else, now I have found that something else, although I don't have time consuming activities with Vista, merely the games alone that it comes with are a seller to me.

I gave Kezz and Vikki some more of the forum to look after today, I'm becoming more and more inclined to ask Jane and Clare if they mind me making Charlene, Vik and Kezz mods to the whole forum at some point as they are doing a grand job of what they have been given so far. Charlene has always been fantastic at notifying me of situations going on within the forum before anyone else actually, she will text me with the problem so If I'm not on the forum I can soon get my butt on the forum to sort the problem or situation out. She has been really good for that and I think that's really REALLY valuable in a member, for this alone I think she should be promoted to General Mod (Super Mod, Forum Tamer, whatever the title) as she has deserved the position for quite some time now but has not been recognised for it.

As for Kezz and Vikki, they have been working really hard throughout the sections that they have been given and I think that on the forum they would always be on hand to move a post to where it should be and that they would also help notifiy me should there be an issue on the forum.

I don't think that Jane and Clare would have a problem with having other moderators on the team I think that if there is anyone to persuade it would be Simon who argues that we don't neex ANY mods at the moment, which is of course untrue. BUT then again I don't HAVE to persuade Simon because he hasn't GOT to authorise it after all.

The other what, 1/3 of me thinks that Simon would be right in arguing that we don't need anyone else on board and I suppose he could argue that we'll end up with more staff on the forum than we have members. Which, at the moment with our exceptionally small member base would probably be true.

I shall leave it for now and see how we go. Kezz & Vikk have only been mods for 5 minutes, don't want to push the situation too far so soon.

No comments: