Friday 12 December 2008

Today's Ramble 12.12.08

I am such a dick head.

This morning was a stupid rush to get to hospital in time for my appointment at 9:40am to assess whether or not I need foot care (someone to deal with my feeties) instead of getting constant ingrowing toenails and stuff. eeek (I have one now and it kills like anything especially when I stub it on something, it's gone septic again with puss and everything bleugh).

Anyway, poor Simon struggled to get me out of the house in the wheelchair, every movement a chore for him whilst he has flu, really badly I'm worried about him his breathing is terrible with his asthma and not being able to take in a proper breath and only have shallow breathing because of the flu and the cough he has developed, he then struggled to lift the wheelchair into the car, I struggled to get in the car and get comfortable.

Then there was the struggle the other end, Simon couldn't get a space on the carpark so he had to stop in the entrance and just drop me off, this meant that I had to struggle to push myself into the hospital, the ground is nice and paved but it's uneven and the wheelchair wants to go the way of the slope but I need to cut across it, or to go up it with my limited energy, I am so bloody heavy.

When I finally got into the hospital I had to search to find out where my appoinmtent was and when I got there I was told to go upstairs, and I went upstairs, they told me to go downstairs, blah blah the lovely girl on the rheumy ward phoned through to the podiatry clinic for me and found out...

that my appointment was on 9th, Tuesday gone, so I was late in date as well as in time by the time it was eventually checked where I needed to be, apparently they'll send me a new appointment out in the post which means that I won't be seen until the new year now! FFS How could I make such a fuck up!?

I am sooo bloody annoyed with myself for that, and I just know that my readers will be laughing, one at the story and then laughing because it is just something typical, VERY typical of me. You can laugh, I won't mind, I'm seeing the funny side now, I wanted to cry at the hospital though I felt like such a tit.

Simon has got up and buggered off downstairs again bless him, not sure why he's gone as he didn't tell me, perhaps he's gone to top up the hot water bottle, or perhaps he's gone for a hot chocolate or a cold drink, or perhaps he's sitting up on the sofa downstairs, if he's not back soon I will go and check on him to make sure he is OK. He is so poorly bless him. His poorly is described like my semi bad day, so I do know how he feels, lets hope he doesn't get to one of my bad days in pain and moving around etc. The only cure for what he has is to wrap up warm, take paracetamol and sweat it out :S Poor sod. I know how much I hate having flu, I just hope that the post nasal drip, aches and pains and the feeling of shit was me with it and that was the worst I got before it buggered off. Thinking about it, I had bad temperatures too.

I need to make a badge for the forum, it has to be worn throughout the year so it has to look pretty good and be a decent size so it is noticeable, whereas it has to be something that is bearable to look at for a whole year.

One of my friends has fallen out with me again, this time it was something that is truly nothing to do with them, yes it has happened to their best friend but it does not give them the right to have a go at me about it.

*shuts up* saves her sending me a Christmas Card I guess. *sigh*

I think that's all I shall write about for today, this has all put me in a not very good mood at all.

Lubs

Carol

x

No comments: