Saturday 29 November 2008

Bored bored bored

Simon is playing a game on his PC, just put kids to bed, now would be the time that I check the forum again for posts and reply to them and have a good old bash with them.

I THINK I managed to get in touch with everyone to tell them the status of the forum, hopefully the important ones will have all got the message, I guess it depends if the email went straight into their junk mail or not. We have done a forum wide pm before when there has been a problem so hopefully they will have already either added us as a contact or at least said that we are not junk.

I'm at stalemate at the moment, I can't get hold of AFMU to find out whether the problem has been fixed or whether we are supposed to be finding said corrupted file, even though we now cannot as we cannot get into our database or information to do anything with it, they've put us on a complete lock down and now that is it, we cannot do anything. They are not open at a weekend anyway so I can only get in touch with them when there is someone to get in touch with which is obvious but I bet they work weekends for higher paid hosting problems.

I am praying that they haven't just locked it down and are going to say, no it's not our responsibility to update files, just start again or something similar. I'm gutted I really am :( totally gutted.

I have sent the members another update with my apologies etc in it and I've not had any complaints yet. I just hope that everyone stays cushty and doesn't have a problem with any of their animals so they have to go and seek advice from other sources like our large competitors and then they find that they like it there far better in comparison to ours and never bother coming back.

I think I'm being to paranoid and dramatic, we will only lose those who were not really interested in the forum in the first place, these members will be reluctamt to leave.

Oh well, will teach me not to update the joomla sofwtare for the front end.

Well, according to Simon I keep falling asleep so I am going to pack up and go to sleep now.

NI Ni

4 comments:

cashmincal said...

I am not planning on going anywhere Carol, do not worry :) I'd be there as soon as it's up and running etc :) I am missing TN :(

Beowulf1976 said...

Thank you Clarebear, your commitment really means a lot to me poppet :) Lubs you. xx

Charlene said...

I havnt had any emails from you...sob...I am still here xx

Beowulf1976 said...

have you changed your email address since you registered with us Charlene? My database is based on email addresses that were used to register on the forum so it would have been sent to that I promise.