Thursday 6 November 2008

Today's ramble 06.11.08

I cant... believe... how ... slow... today has gone! geesh I could have dragged myself to the Dell company and collected a laptop quicker than today has gone! rofl

I didn't get to have my "normal sleep" this afternoon because just as I was snuggled down and half asleep there was a phonecall that I decided that I had to answer (I normally try to ignore it when I'm in bed) and luckily enough that I did answer as it was school requesting that someone goes to school and looks at Euan and decides whether he should come home with them or not because he had a bit of a run in with someone in the playground, they ran into each other and fell flat on their backs, Euan hit his head on the concrete floor she said he'd got a bump on it. She wasn't lying! In fact that was really underestimated. The bump is 5cm in diameter and raised by 2cm off his head and grazed, I've never seen a lump so big though, seriously I haven't.

I'm getting him in with the doctors tomorrow morning because I am NOT happy about the size of the bump, it might be nothing because hits to the head can be utterly deceiving, but I guess we're lucky that the swelling from the hit came OUT and not forced it's way IN, that would be a problem and I think he'd have attended hospital via ambulance if that had happened. With the head being so thin between skin and bone, when an abrasion occurs, it can only come outwards and not inwards (unless the skull is fractured too) so it always looks worse than it is, but I'm still not happy with the pure size of this bump, it's well and truly HUGE.

Euan often has blows to the head due to the nature of him playing, he is very rough and full on and sometimes aggressive and is always falling over and stuff, I've seen some golf balls on his head in my time, but nothing quite as pronounced and big.

*stops talking about it*

Geesh, I didn't realise what time it was :O I think I'm going to quickly jot this down, check on Euan, make a cuppa and then get my ass in bed and then decide if I'm going to add some more, I should really as it's just been about Euan's noggin rofl.

Laters.

Well Euan seems OK in himself but it doesn't mean that he hasn't got a cracked skull or something, his behaviour and getting him up after he's gone to bed etc is all about having damage to the brain. I think to be on the safe side I am going to get Euan in with the doctors in the morning, unless his head bump has gone down significantly by morning.

geesh this blog entry is taking some time to type lol it's now 12:40 heheh

I had a right cropper of a headache earlier, it was cured by meds but I didn't think it could be it was because I had settled in a horrible position then I finally drifted off and regretted it when I woke up, it started off as a stiff neck and shoulders and quickly moved up to my head, I took co-codamol which eased the bad head but nothing else I would have taken extra tramdol but I'm pretty spaced out as it is, without being worse. lol

Gonna go out to Big D tomorrow depending on if/when Euan is at the doctors. I want to get some new pillows for Simon and I and a new single quilt for Bronny instead of the sleeping bag. :) Need to look at the price of that memory foam topper that Simon keeps going on about. Need to order my laptop first thing though wooot!

Arrrrgggghhhhh you'd think that it was me that hit my head today, that cropper of a headache is back with a vengeance. :(
I'll get some more meds down me I s'pose.

I think I had better go!

No comments: