Friday 28 November 2008

Today's Ramble 28.11.08

Well, at this present moment in time I do not know what the future of the forum is, AFMU (our host) have emailed me and stated that they think that the breech was via our account and that there must be a insecure script within our account that has caused the breech initially of our account and subsequently the whole server. Even if our account was hacked, it should not have spread to the server, their "security hole that they didn't know of" shouldn't have been there in the first place so I can't be put to blame on this.

I will await another email off them to see what is going on, I have apologised to them and explained that I have not knowingly installed any insecure scripts the only scripts that I have installed of late have been SMF modifications to supposedly improve the forum, none of them came up with an error and none of them knowingly altered the security of the database either.

I really hope that it can all be fixed and that afmu give us our account back at least so that we can have a look at what could have caused the problem in the first place, perhaps we could manually re-install the security.php file if we believed that it was that file for instance that had caused the problem.

Hopefully they can tell us exactly which file was used in the script or something I'm not too sure how it works, but if it's simply a file we can change then obviously dependant on what it does to the database, we will change it.

I just so so so want this to all go away, it's not fair, if it is our account it is not directly our fault that the server was compromised, that bit was their fault. :(

HOPEFULLY we will all wake up in the morning to our forum back up and running -1 days postings, and find an apology in my inbox telling me that it wasn't us after all and therefore we were reinstated. I can only hope. Probably a false hope, but if I go to sleep thinking that at least I'll actually go to sleep.

Nothing else to blog really, kids really enjoyed Christmas Fayre and came home with their faces painted lol, they looked wonderful! :D heheh Euan sang for the first lot of songs but refused to sing for the second lot, so he was racing around being his usual hyper let's find everything self and poor Aunty Emma was rushed off her feet trying to catch up with the little bugger trying really hard not to lose him because she worries about that more than anything because she knows that's my number one fear, her coming back in floods of tears from somewhere (anywhere!) in floods of tears because she has lost him.

Set the Christmas tree itself up tonight, will set the decorations up tomorrow night when I have seen how Oscar relates to the tree, if it shows signs of him climbing it and generally being a little shit, we'll know that it cannot go in the lounge where Oscar sleeps, although there's not really anywhere else for it to go so it would have to be packed away until another year where we have the space for it.

*sulks*

Nothing seems to be going right at the moment, every spare penny I have at the moment has got to go towards the rent which means as far as I am aware there is not a penny for Christmas Presents. Hopefully I can make 2 + 2 = 5 this year? rofl chance would be a fine thing!

Right, it's 1:50 now so I had better bugger off to sleep, kids aren't going to be bothered what time I went to sleep the night before heheh.

Ni ni everyone.
Ni Ni :D

xxxx

No comments: