Saturday 29 November 2008

Today's Ramble 29.11.08

Firstly I want to say shit shit shit shit shit. I cannot be without my forum! That thing is a big part of my life, goddamnit at one stage it nearly split me and Si up! We can't lose it, NO NO NO NO NO. If it's not JOOMLA and turns out to be one of the scripts I installed to improve the forum I am going to go apeshit I really am! Every single one of the installs passed as Test Successful on security.php which would lead the innocent, ie me to believe that it is indeed safe! Maybe the developer purposely left a back door open within the script and chose us to corrupt seeing that our Server also had a back door open. :( It's really REALLY not fair that we have been picked on. I mean why not pick on a nasty forum that is about nasty things, or a forum that is about role playing games online, some shite like that, not an innocent fun loving friendly family style forum that helps each other out when looking after animals etc. I am tempted to just set the new one up anyway just so we all have somewhere to go whilst we are awaiting the crap to be sorted out. Just because they have fixed the server it does not give them the right to put us in limbo on a suspended account until they can be arsed to find out where the problem is. We pay for our server space, we should be getting good customer care not sod it leave it until Monday. Not once did anyone say that they would resume on Monday so I knew it wasn't going to be worked on once they left for the weekend.

I am really annoyed and upset at this MrSaFa, he deserves bloody shooting! Seriously he does! I still cannot believe seeing it that fateful Friday morning, seeing that horrifying message on the screen that we had been hacked. :( I cannot believe the little twat went further and hacked the server too. If they had just hacked our account we would have been in receipt of much more help from the server I believe. I am just gutted.

I am sorry to go on and on about it, but the forum was everything to me, a place where I met all my bestest of friends, without the forum life would be so unfulfilled and boring, like it is now. At least, I suppose, I have my friends, but talking to them via email and on msn isn't quite as much fun as talking to them via the forum. :( *pout*

Oh well, it's probably gone forever now, all that wealth of information that we collected throughout the three whole years of existence. Gone. Vamooshed. :( I have to stop looking into the past and start looking into the future, we have to get back into gear, get new hosting, have forum software and start again. If we can fix the broken bit of the old forum I am tempted to move it across because like I said it is 3 years of valuable information.

Am looking at VBulletin software, it would cost £100 for a license but it really is the best forum software out there by far. We could also look at advertising to get revenue in to pay the hosting fees and the renewal fee for Vbulletin, which would be about £20 a year. Si said if we got the members to help us pay for it cuz we wouldn't be able to afford it all ourselves, we love the forum and all that but we certainly can't afford £100 to pay for it.

On to different matters now

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't get up until lunchtime *blush* I was absolutely knackered and wanted to sleep in longer but I could hear the bellies of my children rumbling away like mad (lol not really but you know) so I had to feed them as they were absolutely starving after not being fed for well, weeks and weeks. *tee hee*

I fed them brunch and sat at the laptop hoping to get an email response from the host, it was then that I realised that they don't work weekends. *rolls eyes* I sat and kept an eye on the kids whilst they wathed TV for a short time, then Euan wanted to play on Sky Games so I paid for a 24 hour day pass for him so that he could play the games and not just the demos or the first 5 minutes of a game and then "pay up chuck" (not literally lol) comes on the screen.

I haven't had a sleep today because Emma told me on msn that she was going to pop round at some point in the afternoon to give the children their advent calendars :) bless her, really nice of her to buy them a calendar, I wish I had remembered to get Si and I a calendar each rofl

26 Sleeps til Christmas! I can't believe it heheh Mum has annoyed me about Boxing Day :( David is having his day on Christmas Day and because she wants a photo of all the kids she's invited him round on Boxing Day ASWELL which I think is highly unfair and stupid, to try and squeeze 7 adults and 7 children in the house is just bloody stupid. Well, I just hope they don't stay for too long because it's not going to be much fun considering my Brother has decided that I do not exist. :(

We're due at Simon's parents house for Christmas Day this year, which I am thoroughly looking forward to, she always puts on such a lovely spread it's really nice and I love the warm magical family atmosphere, and of course the children will not be causing problems this year because they will have their DS's to play with to keep them occupied instead of constantly nagging James or Adam to go on the racing game. James and Adam will probably be nagging them to let them have a go on their DS's lol (joke)

I know I shouldn't but I always look foward to the Christmas Dinner at Simon's parents because for some reason Christina piles so much on my plate, I actually have more than Simon and more than Gary, in fact it is more than anyone else at all! She knows I have a ravenous appetite when it comes to her dinners, they're always bloomin gorgeous! rofl :)

My Mum is exactly the opposite, it's always rations, and as my Sister is there too, I can imagine that we'll have one roast potato each... lol I know that she hasn't got a HUGE oven but still you know.... Though the food she puts on is actually nice even if there isn't much of it. Although there's only a tiny amount for some reason we never come home hungry. heheheh

I'm looking forward to Christmas this year, I'll have a Christmas pressie to open Christmas morning heheh which makes a change, normally I have to wait until we get to Simon's parents or my Mum's but I'll have the secret santa present to open instead heheh woot! I'm really looking foward to it. I know it won't be much, just a token gift, but it'll be nice to have a gift at all :D I'm excited about giving mine to, I think it'll be JUST right, will have to see :D

I have thought of another little thing that I can make out of a few other things and send to her as a keyring perhaps, as she does go out so she needs a keyring for her key/s

Ni Ni.

No comments: