Thursday 20 November 2008

Morning Ramble 20.11.08

What an utterly shit night's sleep, it started by waking up at 3am this morning ,bearing in mind I'd only gone to sleep at 1am ish was the last time I looked at the clock, I woke up in absolute agony, real agony, crying pain because I had obviously spent the last 2 hours in the same position which is not good for me, I had sore points all over, my right hand side was all painfully numb and I was just a bag of shit, I also had a bad head from sleeping with a crick in my neck.. because of this and not being able to get comfortable on my left side, I lay on my back, and no word of a lie - the millisecond I decided to do that I had a stream of mucus running down from my nasal area down into my stomach from then on, and I had indigestion from the apple juice and apple eaten before bed (one of my stupidest moves yet) and I was just shitty shit shit, I couldn't get to sleep, I kept gagging on the snot but unless I cleared my throat and hoiked it up every five minutes, I had no choice but to lie quietly and swallow (mucus is STILL flowing freely even now!) so, lying awake, headache from a cricked neck, gagging on mucus as long as me arm, and not having fun at all since 3am this morning, I should have given up and got up, at least every time the apple repeated it wouldn't have been able to wash it's acid up into my throat if I was sitting up. Not sure whether Simon would be too impressed with me going on the laptop at 3am though, to be honest I'm wondering why I ever bothered going to bed at all. To this effect I have immediately, upon coming back upstairs from sending kids off to school, changed my pillows back to the 30 year old feather monsters instead of trying the new fandangled hollowfibre shit that feels like I'm not lying on a pillow yet manages to give me a crick in the neck and make me sweat a great deal. Bronny can have one and the other be left for spare.

I thought that this morning was going to be hell, Euan was being constantly riled by Bronny, constantly beating her up, mouthing off at me, having a go at me, I thought yep, another morning that Simon takes Bronny and I have to bed and plead til my face bleeds for him to go back again and take Euan... but come time for getting off to school he was absolutely golden, put his coat and gloves on put his PE kit on his back and carried his book bag and went off on his way.... needless to say it was Bronny that was having the pissy fits this morning and she ended up starting to cry about the way everyone is always horrible to her at school, usually this breaks my heart and I cry with her but I'm afraid it received a very cold, "oh whatever Bronny" this morning *blush* well, I ask you, every blinkin day she's moaning she wants to move schools etc etc.. I keep telling her every single school she's been to so far has been the same. Problem is that all the other children have been to camp together and made bonds, all the other children have been at the school since they started school so they've built bridges and made good friends, Bronny is still relatively a newbie so she's got a lot to live up to.

Anyway, here I am now, on the precious lappy when I really should be catching up on sleep from this morning, but I don't want to waste the day, although if this headache, which I've not medicated myself for yet, gets any worse I will go to bed. To sleep, as I'm propped up in bed as I type this ;)

xx

No comments: