Sunday 30 November 2008

An expensive way to go

We have been looking at foolproof software for our new forum and have looked at Vbulletin, it is amazing what you can do with VBulletin it's the best software out there. The only downside to it is the cost.

You can either lease the license for £55 a year, which means it'll be £55 every twelve months, or you can buy the license outright at £100 a year. The license is required to enable software and database updates and back up should something go wrong and if there is a problem with the forum we have support to help fix it.

It really is the best out there and if we could get the active members to donate towards it, we can have a new forum in no time and with VBUlletin on our side, we're laughing. If we can install the forum as it stands in to it too we're laughing even more instead of having to start all over again heheh :)

All we need is for AFMU to help us to remove the dodgy script and then the forum will be secure so there is no back door into the forum. Although I highly dougt a server that charges £6.99 a month would exactly allow a back door in THEIR software.

The only problem is that the majority of our members are absolutely skint so cannot help out any. Especially so close to Christmas if we end up being this side or the other side. Oh bugger. Simon has given up the fight and said that the forum is not worth bothering about and not worth the money that we would have to find. I am gutted that he feels that way I really am :( I don't know what has changed his views on it all, but he has to remember that he is not as devoted to the forum as much as I am, and some of the members as a matter of fact.

We were discussing advertising last night, where the advertiser will pay to have their advert at the top of the forum for a year thus giving us money towards the forum and hosting fees that we will have to pay (there will be a £20 renewal of contract fee every 12 months so that we can continue to receive support and updates)

It's a lot of money for someone who is so skint and doesn't receive much money into their bank but in the long run the forum will be better off with all the things we have to pay for, with the safety and security of a new server and the safety of a database with no back doors or loops in the system.

Hopefully on all hopes the script that is the security leak will be one of the mods that I put on the forum and not a major part of the forum therefore breaking it all and causing it all to collapse around me and be no longer a working database.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a really bad night last night and woke up with a headachy head which has now turned into a headache :( I feel like crap and should be sleeping but I don't want to disappoint the children and have them not being able to do anything in the bedroom whilst I'm asleep. Though I have slept before whilst they are playing in here on the PC and on the DS so maybe....

I played sudoku yesterday and I have to say I have really gotten to like it, I never used to be able to play it but now I can do the puzzles, I cannot remember what game on the PC has the best version to play I know I have it on the Brain Training game but there's a version somewhere else on another game which is animated and I cannot remember which bloody game it is on,, I'll have to search through them all to find it lol

Dad plays sudoku and actually has a board where he can lie a situation out manually to help him win on paper, it's difficult to explain but it works for him. He loves playing sudoku :) he needs a nintento and the game sudoku quest or something so that he has lots of animated games he can play instead of writing them out on the piece of paper. Of course Mother could always let him play on hers instead heheh I think she's still addicted to Nintendogz and animal crossing to be honest. *rolls eyes* she's 55 for god sake! lmao

I wonder what games the children will be into when they get their DS's... they should get into something as they have 200 games to play! rofl Though I think that Bronny will but Euan flits around too much to be able to be addicted to one game bless him, I think he'll play footie a lot though because that's the sort of thing he would be into I think. Though he might completely surprise me and be into something totally out of his character and play it lots and lots, but I highly doubt his flitty nature will enable him to do that.

I've just put the Christmas songs on to try and make me feel a tad more Christmassy heheh. I'm sure I'll be in the mood for putting the decs on the tree eventually instead of just letting it sit there on the unit all bare. *sob* I was going to go on the forum and create a show us your Christmas Tree thread :( it's so not fair at all. That bastard MrSaFa should pay for what he has done to my precious baby of a forum, it is one of my children and now it's gone, it nags at my mind every second I'm awake and plays on my mind when I'm asleep so I end up dreaming about it again :(

Right I had better bugger off for a bit because I have a headache and I am falling asleep.

Ni Ni everyone. xx

No comments: