Thursday 9 October 2008

My Weekly Medication


Sweeties!!! (I wish)!

Meet my weekly medication eeek You don't realise how much you are shoving in your body and expecting it to still function until you stop and take a look and then it's like, woah mamma!

The Orange ones are Meptazinol (Meptid) and I have to take 1 every four hours but it's easier just to take with the rest of my meds. They were prescribed to me for my knee pain (arthritis - osteo). They take a little bit of it away but they only work with a combination of other meds so perhaps a re prescribe is required on that part.

The red ones are Pregabalin (Lyrica) they are for pain too, they are another drug that just about works, my pain is so intense that only a combination of meds is required to work on the pain. They are normally for pain of the neural pathways but are often prescribed for fibromyalgia, they were prescribed for the pain caused by the spasms and cramps.

The green and yellow are Tramadol, they are a painkiller again of the analgesic family and were prescribed in replacement of the pethidine (you are having a laugh!)

The white ones are stemetil and Baclofen, Stemetil is for vertigo and Baclofen is for the spasms and cramps and myo jerks.

The extra one morning and night is Zoton for gastric reflux, then there is Quinine Sulphate for night spasms and cramps and jerks (jerks are funny because it means I can get away with thumping my better half J/K) and Cipralex this just takes the edge off my depression but I don't wish to be prescribed with anything else/stronger for that.

I'm hoping that upon referral to rheumatology my medication will be reviewed and I will be placed on meds specific to FM. *phones to check that referral has been made* my word!!! He actually kept to HIS word and referred me! *does a little mental dance* mental as in of the mind, not a mental as in mad silly.

I just have to wait for the appointment now :)

Anyway, there we go, my meds.

No comments: